Spikelines for both Axes for GeoData in a go.Choroplethmapbox()

Dear Plotly Community,

First time posing here, first of all:
Great library, so powerful!

Secondly: I need some help lol.
Been looking at this issue for some time and can’t seem to figure it out.

I have:

• a figure created with fig = go.Figure(go.Choroplethmapbox())
  • it is created with geojson information (which is plotting shapes on a open-street-map)

What I’m trying to do:

• Add axes, preferably on 4 sides (but 2 would do) with the coords of where the map currently is.
  • Add spikelines connected to cursor
  • Preferably show a small hoverlabel at cursor with the current coords (can be omitted)

If there is any better way to create the plot that I’m after, please feel free. I’m just trying to get to what I want, it doesn’t really matter which way that is.

I’ve tried using:
fig.update_layout(hovermode='x unified') # I believe this does nothing
fig.update_xaxes(showspikes=True, spikecolor="green", spikesnap="cursor", spikemode="across") # I think also does nothing

There’s a couple of other things I’m still struggling with which I leave here in case anyone is interested, but it’s a bit off-topic so will make a different post another day.
[Custom Hovertemplates: if I have a datacolumn “start” and I want to add that to the hovertemplate I’m trying like: start_text = df.start However, when I put that above the fig = go... it says it’s not used (and doesnt work anyway) and when I put it inside the fig = it says invalid argument which I can understand. Just not sure how to move forward]

[In the Custom hover template I’m also looking for something like a word wrap with a character limit. Because rn some of the information to be displayed is quite long and it doesnt fit on the screen.]

[What I do manage to with the hovertemplates is: text=df['english'] inside the figure call, then hovertemplate = 'English: %{text}' which works. But I cant manage to add the others.]

Let me know if you want me to share more code etc.

Thanks in advance,
-korty.codes