Share Your App - Explore Page - October 2024

Thank you for your interest in submitting your Dash app to the Plotly Explore Page platform, visited by thousands of Dash users daily.

Current submissions cycle will go until October 31, 2024.

To submit your app, please reply to this thread directly.

Please refer to the following suggestions when building and submitting your app. The more suggestions your app adheres to, the more likely it is to be added to the Explore Page.

• Apps in the following categories are encouraged: Energy & Utilities, Business, Predictive Analytics & Forecasting, NLP, Connecting to APIs
  • App should look as good or better than the current apps on the platform
  • App should use different data than the other apps and try to cover a unique story
  • Content/story should be neutral or positive
  • App with live data that updates itself is encouraged
  • App that goes beyond exploratory analysis – app that perform advanced analytics
  • App that uses 3rd-party libraries (e.g., SciPy, spaCy, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn)
  • App that solves real-life problems, app that could have practical use cases
  • App content and results should be easy to access (we discourage requiring log-ins or uploading data as a precursor to seeing the full app).

The Plotly Example Apps team will review the apps submitted and update this post with the names of the apps that have been selected.

Happy Dash app building!

This app will continue to evolve, but the screenshot was of the time spent on the app from users this past weekend. Really suprised me that the average time spent on the game was 1h :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

some of you might have seen it already in my initial post about the visual-vocabulary, but I thought I share the dashboard here as well :slight_smile: It’s an implementation of the visual vocabulary using Plotly charts and embed them into a Vizro dashboard, which is built using Dash. It’s inspired by the Financial Times visual vocabulary, and it also exists in other technologies like the Tableau visual vocabulary.

Click on the image below or this link to see the hosted version: https://vizro-demo-visual-vocabulary.hf.space/

visual_vocabulary

The dashboard includes a variety of charts, along with tips on when to use each one, and the code needed to generate and integrate them into a Vizro dashboard. You can also use the pure Plotly code for a stand-alone Dash app.

You can find the source code for the dashboard here.

visual-vocabulary-final

4 Likes

Hi, we recently deployed an app written with dash at https://snapmine.idies.jhu.edu/
it is deployed at Johns Hopkins University and paper preprint that utilizes the site is linked on the website. It has heavy backend data pulling from SRA, TCGA and GTEx meta files in addition to another project hosted at JHU in order to help scientists data mine through RNA sequence splicing patterns. check it out and let me know if you have more questions. we’d love to have it show cased with the other projects.
Thanks
Fatemeh

1 Like

I love this Dash app, @fabbasi . Thank you for sharing and for joining the community :pray:

Is the field of study of this app Human Genetics and Genomics?

On a similar topic, I saw this morning the news that this year’s Nobel Prize honors two scientists for their discovery of a fundamental principle governing how gene activity is regulated, specifically for the discovery of microRNA and its role in post-transcriptional gene regulation.

Thanks, yes that would be the right category.