Scattermapbox marker with no fill

I have a mapbox plot in which i am plotting some markers, i want to plot markers with zero fill and i want to make it look like a circle without fill ,something like below
zerofill

But i am not sure how to achieve this. ScatterMapbox has any options for this? Any help would be appreciated

I have actually tried with setting symbol but it did not work either.

@rasika Your image represents a marker_symbol = 'circle-open' that is an attribute of a go.Scatter trace. The marker symbols for go.Scattermapbox are available here https://labs.mapbox.com/maki-icons/. To use one of these symbols, hover the mouse over its image
and copy only it’s name, not the int value at its end, because it represent the image pixel width.

I couldn’t find a circle like your one, but you can check it again, to be sure.

Below is an example with symbol listed as `college-15.svg’.

import plotly.graph_objects as go

fig = go.Figure(go.Scattermapbox(
        lat=['45.5017'],
        lon=['-73.5673'],
        mode='markers',
        marker=dict(symbol ="college", size=20)
        )
    )

fig.update_layout(
    hovermode='closest',
    mapbox=dict(
        accesstoken=my_acces_token,
        bearing=0,
        center=go.layout.mapbox.Center(
            lat=45,
            lon=-73
        ),
        pitch=0,
        zoom=5
    )
)

fig.show()

For larger sizes, the images looks blurred :frowning:

Do you need a size >20?

Yes and also the colors are not getting applied. :frowning:

i have more than 10 data for same lat long, so i want to display them all in one… what i thought was to have multiple open circles one over the other with different sizes and colors so that i could see them all at once… Any other idea you have?

I had the same issue and never found a solution with scattermapbox. I am curious to know if it is possible though.

@Emil nope, ended up using normal maps and it is not satisfactory :face_with_head_bandage: