Learn how to use Dash Bio for next-gen sequencing & quality control. 🧬 Register for the Oct 27 webinar.

Remove "Save and edit plot in cloud" button

Is there some way to get rid of that “Save and edit plot in cloud” button when using Dash? I know that one can do it using JS like:

Plotly.setPlotConfig({
  modeBarButtonsToRemove: ['sendDataToCloud']
});

but I can’t figure out how to implement that in Dash.

Any recommendations? Basically all data I work on is sensitive and I can’t have myself or dashboard users mistakenly clicking that button. It would create a huge IT security problem.

Try something like this:

dcc.Graph(id='my-graph', figure=data, config={'editable': True, 'modeBarButtonsToRemove': ['sendDataToCloud']})

3 Likes

That doesn’t work:

Exception: Unexpected keyword argument `config`
Allowed arguments: id, clickData, hoverData, clear_on_unhover, selectedData, relayoutData, figure, style, animate, animation_options

I’ll keep digging though, maybe I can find how to set the config on the dcc.Graph object. Or maybe it needs to be a more global config setting somewhere?

What version of Dash are you on? config was added a few weeks back and works for me. See if it’s out of date. pip list -o

2 Likes

That was it - dash-core-components was 0.7.0. Updated it to 0.12.4 and your snippet works. Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a similiar issue myself. Is it possible to change the configuration on a lower Level (i.e. directly in the package) so that you don’t have to add this configuration to every chart you include in the Dashboard?

Have you figured out a robust solution to this issue?

Louis