✊🏿 Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
🧬 Learn how to build RNA-Seq data apps with Python & Dash. Register for the May 20 Webinar!

Recommendations on handling user session data?

Hi all,

I am trying to build a Plan-Maker application with Dash. Basically the app does three things:

1. User can input their plans/goals for a certain time period (workout 10 times in the next 3 weeks, etc)
  2. Every day when the user log-in to the app, the app will show what was planned for this day and provide a checklist-like interface
  3. Users can also see a summary of how many tasks are planned/completed etc.

I am using the app myself as of now on the localhost. Thus I have the data output into folders in my local file system, pointing the app to the folder every time it starts.

if I’m to host this app on a server and eventually open to other users, what would be the best way to handle the data pipeline for each user?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Maybe you can use PostgreSQL as your live database where you store user information and have usernames and passwords

Hi Adam,

Thanks for replying. Are there any links or examples I can follow?

Maybe I can use a cloud database instead? (GCP or AWS)?

Thanks!

AWS is also good. I don’t have experience with that, though. I’m making a tutorial next week on “connecting your app to PostgreSQL”. I’ll let you know as soon as as I post it.