Problem in installing plotly

hello! I’m new to this environment and I’m facing some issue while installing plotly in my jupyter notebook .
Collecting plotly
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/plotly/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘pypi.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/plotly/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))) - skipping
Note: you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages.
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))’: /simple/plotly/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))’: /simple/plotly/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))’: /simple/plotly/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))’: /simple/plotly/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’))’: /simple/plotly/
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement plotly (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for plotly
​
can anyone help me to rectify this issue!!

Hi @dhanush, welcome to the forum! Could you please try to install plotly using either pip or conda (depending on how you installed the rest of your Python packages)? Please see the instructions on https://plot.ly/python/getting-started/#installation