Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
Dash HoloViews is now available! Check out the docs.

Plotly graphs of the same file render differently (or not at all) depending on the file location

Dear all,

I have just started using Plotly to replace Highcharts.js for a piece of software we develop (many thanks by the way for developing Plotly as an open source package!). During development, the sample plots looked all fine on Chrome (on a Windows machine) and Safari (MacBook Pro), but now that I hosted a sample report on our Institute website, one of the reports is only a few millimetres big:

If opened locally, or from a different server, the very same file looks perfectly fine:

If you do a wget of that file from different servers, and do diff on them, the files are absolutely identical, which led us to believe that it somehow must be a browser related issue. Interestingly, when the file was open from different locations a Chrome incognito tab opened the files at a different start size (same monitor, same browser, just a new tab).
I also tried out Internet Explorer, on which the deduplication plot looked fine, but now the very first bargraph on the page was missing:

I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on what I could do to fix these issues? In case it is useful for someone, the code is available here: https://github.com/FelixKrueger/Bismark/tree/master/plotly (plotly_template.tpl).

Many thanks for your help!
Felix