Plotly for NodeJS and image generation

I’ve been using Plotly for a while for creating charts in a NodeJS app that I’m still developing. I installed it via npm.

Version is plotly 1.0.6

My use case is to generate some line charts and candlestick charts, generate the image with getImage(), put the stream into a file and send that to a Telegram chat. Last night I was testing something so I was generating 1 image per minute, and when I woke up and checked, images were not being sent anymore. I found out that plotly server was returning a 429 error code.

I have a user ID and a token that I have regenerated several times with no luck. I understand that this library, which doesn’t seem to be maintained, is a wrapper for calling what seems to be the older API, not the current v2. I probably made too many requests and now I’m blocked… temporary? forever? no idea.

What is the max num of requests per day or hour?

Can I replace this library with some other? I tried plotly.js but it runs into several problems related with, well, NodeJS not being a browser. Also, plotly.js still may need a valid user and token?

I have tried to create another account + API token, but the server says they don’t allow new accounts at the moment.

I’m lost. I’m very close to ditch this out of frustration… help!!!