Maximum call stack size exceeded -errors when filtering dataTable

Hi there,
in my dashboard I am including a dataTable with multiple dropdown to filter the data. I got the following error when I tried select more than 1 filter:

"Maximum call stack size exceeded
*(This error originated from the built-in JavaScript code that runs Dash apps. Click to see the full stack trace or open your browser’s console.)"

Intially the table was into a html.Div. I succeeded to fix this error to replace the Div with a dbc.Container.
The error represented when I set to the dbc.Container the property “Fluid=True” (so I removed by now)

Does someone encounter the same issue? maybe there is another thread already to point out?
OR does someone knows why the bootstrap container (w/o Fluid True) works and Div no?
My concern is that by now I succeeded to fix by chance the error but w/o understanding it could come out at any time again :cry:

Super thanks for any suggestion!

FYI these are some of the packages version I am usign:
dash==2.6.1
dash-bootstrap-components==1.2.1
dash-bootstrap-templates==1.0.6
dash-core-components==2.0.0
dash-html-components==2.0.0
dash-table==5.0.0

HI @topaccina welcome to the forums.

I don’t think you get this error due to using dbc.Container with or without fluid=True or html.Div.

A google search points into an other direction:

So without sharing your code here it’ll be difficult to help you, I guess :slight_smile:

thanks for your feedbakc @aimped! I will check it for sure!!

You are right… let me point to the code. So I can highlight exacltly the critical point.

This is the public repo link https://github.com/topaccina/CommunityProjectsOverview.
The app is also live here http://www.defichain-proposals.com/ (second tab has the filters/table that drove me crazy)

the main file is called main_prjOverview.py. this code is working now BUT if at line 439 I add fluid=True then I incur the max stack size error…
I cannot undestand what create the recursion :no_mouth: … Investigation ongoing!!

Laura

Hello @topaccina,

I am wondering if it may be related to the tooltips that you have on each cell.

What happens if you disable that?

Good suggestion for the debugging… let me try! Thanks @jinnyzor

1 Like

Filtering DataTable varieties of ways include select(String) method, which selects the required row or column and then based on that applies the filter. Filtering can be done using Select, Where, AND, OR, NOT logical operator and on top of it applying the value also there.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez