Live data sampling update rate (scientific project)

Hey everyone,

I’m currently looking into dash as a graphical solution for controlling lab components, specifically an Adwin interface, which is basically going to be used in an Analog/Digital Signal In/Out context, but possibly at high frequencies and is supposed to give you a live preview of such signals.

So my question concerns the minimum time interval for the dcc.Interval component, because whatever I set, it does not seem to run particularly fast. And I would like to achieve something on the order of at least 10Hz, possibly 100Hz to 1kHz, on a data set of, 100-1000 data points. (Any more wouldn’t make much of a visual difference anyway.)

What’s appealing about Dash is the direct integration into Python and web oriented design, which would also make remote access easier. Otherwise I’d probably use LabView.

Also, on another note: How is Dash handling multiple Users at the same time?

Thanks for any help

Hi there, thanks for posting. We are scoping out a Dash addon that is designed to address your need of a higher frequency data -> render pipeline. I can’t say much more at this time until we have a clearer understanding of where we will take it but I can commit to getting you more information within a couple of weeks.

As for multi-user Dash apps we have commercial options as well as deep in-house expertise that aims at providing this type of support. Check out these channels:

I’ll loop back here soon!

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be looking forward to any further development! Still, is there a current minimum frequency I could use? Just for basic testing.

Sorry, I don’t have this information at hand right now (if someone else does chime in!) but I should have a better idea soon once I start testing dcc.Interval with these types of workflows.