Iplot won't render line chart data

Attempting to do a line chart using fig to get axis labels. It renders the figure part but not the data (lines or markers). How can I get the data to display…

Python code follows:

Construct the figure

Data for the figure

x0 = X_train[range(0,1700)]
x1 = X_train[range(1,1700)]
trace0 = go.Scatter(x=x0,y=z,mode=‘lines’,name=“x=X[0,]”)
trace1 = go.Scatter(x=x1,y=z,mode=‘markers’,name=“x=X[1,]”)
data = [trace0,trace1]

Layout for the figure

title=“predictions from neural network”
xaxis_template = dict(title = “neural network estimates”)
yaxis_template = dict(title = “predicted results”)
layout = dict(title = title, xaxis = xaxis_template, yaxis = yaxis_template)

Assemble the figure

fig=dict(data=data, layout = layout)

Plot the figure

py.iplot(fig,
show_link=False,
link_text=“Export to plot.ly”,
validate=True,
image=‘png’,
filename=‘nn-scatter-m’,
image_width=800,
image_height=600)

Hi @frogfanitw2,

I don’t see any obvious problems with your code. Could you post an updated example that includes some sample example data for x0, x1, and z and a screenshot of the result you’re seeing? And it would also be helpful if you could put the code in a fenced code block (https://help.github.com/articles/creating-and-highlighting-code-blocks/) so that the markdown renderer doesn’t mess up the formatting (this way it’s possible to copy and paste the code and try it out). Thanks!

-Jon

It turns out the data x0, x1 were assigned incorrectly. Once I fixed that, the plot worked!

1 Like

Hello, I’ve had the issue others have with Plotly rendering graphs a few times, recently I’ve noticed when I stopped the kernel in Jupyter Notebooks the traceback had “constructor=go.Scatter”, but my code is for a line graph. When I changed “line” to “scatter” in my code it rendered properly as a scatter.

My code for a line graph and the resulting Traceback:
fig = px.line(bb, x=‘eventTime’, y=‘user’, color=‘company_id’, labels={‘y’:’#users’})
fig.show()

Traceback:
-> 214 return make_figure(args=locals(), constructor=go.Scatter)