Increase size of symbols in legend

In high resolution(fig1), the size of symbols in legend is small. How can I increase size of them?
fig1 β†’ h=1200, w=1800
1200-1800
fig2 β†’ h=400, w=600:
400-600

1 Like

I have the same problem and unfortunately I didn’t find the solution. I think there is a dirty way to change the transform in the html file to scale(2) for e.g. but it is not clean. please if there is another way, share with us. Thanks

1 Like

Morning @Maryhoji,

To increase the size of the symbols in the legend using Plotly in Python, you can use the itemsizing attribute of the legend object in the update_layout() function. Here’s an example:

import plotly.graph_objects as go

fig = go.Figure()

# Add your traces to the figure

fig.update_layout(
    legend=go.layout.Legend(
        itemsizing='constant'  # Set the itemsizing attribute to 'constant'
    )
)

fig.show()

In the code above, you must replace # Add your traces to the figure with the code that adds your traces to the fig object. The itemsizing attribute is set to 'constant', which ensures that the size of the legend symbols remains constant regardless of the size of the bubbles or markers in the graph.

If you want to change the size of the legend symbols without changing the size of the markers in the plot, unfortunately, Plotly does not provide a direct option to control the size of the legend symbols independently. However, you can try adjusting the overall layout of the legend using other attributes such as itemwidth, itemheight, or traceorder to achieve a desired visual effect[.Please note that the specific options and attributes available in Plotly may vary depending on the version you are using. This was from plotly 5.16.1

In the above code, you need to replace # Add your traces to the figure with the code that adds your traces to the fig object. The itemsizing attribute is set to 'constant', which ensures that the size of the legend symbols remains constant regardless of the size of the bubbles or markers in the graph[

If you want to change the size of the legend symbols without changing the size of the markers in the plot, unfortunately, Plotly does not provide a direct option to control the size of the legend symbols independently. However, you can try adjusting the overall layout of the legend using other attributes such as itemwidth, itemheight, or traceorder to achieve a desired visual effect.

Please note that the specific options and attributes available in Plotly may vary depending on the version you are using

Below are a few manual references that look at this.

https://plotly.com/python-api-reference/generated/plotly.graph_objects.Layout.html