Importing/exporting all of the user's current selections (save entire current state) in Dash App

Hi guys,

I’ve been looking for some way to allow the users to save all of their different selections into some sort of file that they can import back into the Dash app in the future in case they want to replicate exactly what they had up previously.

My app is essentially an interactive dashboard with a lot of different options meaning remembering/documenting every selection that led to a specific result would be quite tiresome… having some sort of way to save the entire current state of the web app for easy access/import later would be huge. This would also allow users to share their specific results with other users quite easily.

I’ve been doing a lot of research and I can’t find something that does this for me in Dash, but the usefulness of such a feature seems great enough that I would be surprised if it didn’t exist. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

1 Like

I have seen something like that here:

search for “querystring”. The idea there is to store the state of your app so that it can be called to exactly this state using just a URL. How far this can be pushed will depend on the number of options, but if you can store the state in a file and just refer to the hash in the querystring, a similar idea should scale much larger.

Interesting. This is exactly the functionality I need, but it looks like I need to recreate the whole app in the dash_oop_components framework to get it to work. I have at least 50 inputs I would need to do this for… that will be fun