How to setup a Dash app that refers data from a serverside cache data? Also the data needs to refresh every 5 mins after the app starts

I am relatively new to dash. I have built a Dash app which currently refers from a local excel file. What I am trying to achieve is that I need to set up a cache file in the server that refreshes every 5 mins and the every new dash instance created in the browser refers to the latest data available. I have a complex stored procedure that gives me with data which is similar to the one present in the excel file. It takes ~1.5 mins to run. That is why I am not updating it live in the dash app. That is why I am in need of a staging process to refresh data in server which needs to happen in back-end and app can refer from the latest data

Objectives that needs to be addressed:

• As soon as my dash app starts it could create a server side cache
    which fetched data from the StoredProcedure and store it as either a file/ SQL table in local server / a cache as a pandas data frame (whichever works best & is fast. I assume local data frame in a cache is faster)
  • Every dash instance from the client would refer to the latest data in
    the cache.
  • The cache refreshes every 5 mins and the interval is not affected by
    every instance created. If the browser is refreshed, the app updates the latest data available.

If you just schedule a background task on the server to update the excel file every 5 minutes and read the data in the app in a callback (or a layout function), you should be good to go. If you want the client to automatically update (i.e. not only on page refresh), you could add an Interval component to you app to trigger the refresh.