How do i share my dash app on a local network using mysql connector

I created an executable of my dash app and would like to share it with people on a network who can connect to mysql db on that network. I have an instance of mysql running on my localhost and it runs well with the app as long as it is pointed towards the localhost. My coworker who has access to mysql wants to be able to use the app, so i changed the host from ‘localhost’ to the ip address of the external mysql db and bundled it into my executable. The executable runs fine when he opens it but the parts of the app that require data from the db are not working. it appears that the app is having issues connecting to the db eventhough we have made sure the ip he provided is functional(ran a telnet on it). Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forums @ucheo

Why did you create an executable to share your app instead of just passing the URL address to your colleague?

Hi. Thanks for your response. We’ve had issues with our hosting server at work, so we determined that an executable will be the most efficient way to share the app until the server issues are resolved

When you changed the host from ‘localhost’ to the IP address of the external MySQL database, did you also update any other relevant connection parameters such as the port number, username, password, or database name?

Can you access the external db from your computer using the ‘mysql’ command and connecting with the credentials that your app uses? Credentials that work on localhost don’t always work for remote access.

2 Likes

Hi Damien,
Thanks for your response. Yes i did all those things