Finding out what is updating

Hello all. My dash tab is always saying updating, however everything works as normal (though it seems to struggle when the page gets reloaded.)

I was wondering if there is some way I can find out what is actually is updating (or what it thinks is being updated)?

Many Thanks

Can you give the code of your Dash Tabs?

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately at this point my code is around 6000 lines long.

I was hoping there would be some way to display either in the command line (or anywhere really) what the sheet is currently updating.

I know vaguely where the issue is. I just can’t seem to make it stop saying updating whilst also preserve the functionality.

Ah, I thought you were referring to the component. I assume you don’t use an Interval component somewhere in your app? As far as I know there is no way currently to get deeper inside into what exactly is happening during runtime. In any case, try to narrow it down to some part of code, because without seeing it, it’s kinda hard to spot. :wink:

1 Like

Suggest to Just put some kind of flag like … print(“here I am Number ###”) through the entire code, then you will know where the code is

i bump into the same problem. this is happen when i add the clickData callback

@app.callback(Output(‘health-trend’, ‘children’),
[Input(‘allpar_healthscore’, ‘clickData’)])
def update_trend(clicked):
selpar = clicked[‘points’][0][‘x’]
return gen_par_health_trend(selpar)

I think your best bet is to do what @monitorcasalab suggested. I can’t remember exactly what I did but I imagine that that would work.

1 Like