My head hurts from trying to find a somewhat elegant way of doing this…
So, I know the current accepted method for user messages is the confirm dialog component OR just changing the children on a Div component. However, that requires your callback output to be the children of a Div component.
My layout has a dash-table and 3 buttons. All 3 buttons go to the same callback and do things to manipulate table data.
The flow goes like this:
- Person edits the table
- Person clicks button ‘a’ which changes some data
- Person clicks button ‘b’ which saves the table to a database
- If the person messes up a value we do try->except to catch it
- If the exception occurs, I want a popup to say “you done fucked up”
- If there is no exception, then the callback finishes the database updates, and then updates the dash-table component
Any way to do that without weird hidden divs? I found you can directly edit the app.layout.children property and append stuff programmatically, but since it’s not part of a callback it doesn’t update.
hopefully that makes sense…I need more coffee