Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
Learn how to use COVID-19 data in open source Dash apps. Register for the Sept 23rd webinar with IQT!

Displaying a dataset of images, generated through Matplotlib, using Plotly sliders

I am trying to find a way to display Matplotlib figures through Plotly with a slider. I am not looking to convert my Matplotlib figures into interactive plotly ones.

All I am trying to do is to create an offline sliding visualization in Jupyter notebook. I have a dataset of images, and for each image I used imshow() function of Matplotlib to generate a figure displaying that image. With all these figures, I would like to use the Plotly slider to be able to slide through the entire data set, where each point on the sliding scale will bring out the respective matplotlib figure of that image from the dataset.

So far the only documentation concerning Matplotlib that I could find was this on https://plot.ly/matplotlib/ but everything about it is converting Matplotlib figures into interactive plotly ones. Could not find anything to help my goal.

Can anyone help me with this please?