Dash Docs Chatbot

Breaking news :tada:
On our Dash Docs you’ll see a new button, Ask AI – representing your personal chatbot for easier data app development.

Based on LLM models trained on over 2,000 pages of our documentation, this chatbot can answer your technical questions about Dash. Read this blog post to learn how it provides real-time code suggestions, error identification, up-to-date information, guided discovery, personalized solutions, and layout and design help.

Ask AI

16 Likes

That’s a nice feature, I’ll test that in depth the future for sure! I really like the links to the reference!

Question: How do I change the background grid of Scatter3d plots?

Answer: :exploding_head:

To change the background grid of Scatter3d plots, you can use the update_layout() method of the Figure object and specify the scene parameter. Within the scene parameter, you can customize the xaxis, yaxis, and zaxis attributes to modify the background grid color.

Example:

import plotly.graph_objects as go
import numpy as np

N = 50
fig = go.Figure(data=[go.Scatter3d(
    x=30 * np.random.randn(N),
    y=25 * np.random.randn(N),
    z=30 * np.random.randn(N),
    mode='markers',
    marker=dict(
        size=4,
        color='blue',
        opacity=0.8
    )
)])

fig.update_layout(
    scene=dict(
        xaxis=dict(
            backgroundcolor="rgb(200, 200, 230)",
            gridcolor="white",
            showbackground=True,
            zerolinecolor="white"
        ),
        yaxis=dict(
            backgroundcolor="rgb(230, 200, 230)",
            gridcolor="white",
            showbackground=True,
            zerolinecolor="white"
        ),
        zaxis=dict(
            backgroundcolor="rgb(230, 230, 200)",
            gridcolor="white",
            showbackground=True,
            zerolinecolor="white"
        )
    )
)

fig.show()
1 Like

This is great! What would also be great is a LLM Dash component that could answer end user questions about underlying plot data

2 Likes

Hello @davzup89,

There was a competition for this, check for the AI competition.

Please note, that using OpenAI is not free, and you’ll need to make your own api key, etc.

Botly needs some training on the properties of components, he was creating some on AG Grid and also seemingly DataTable.

What a great name!

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing the competition out, @jinnyzor

Here’s the link: Dash-ChatGPT App Challenge

Some of the submitted apps were also added to Plotly Explore Apps Page.

Wow, super cool! Does Plotly have any plans on integrating with an IDE (PyCharm)?

Am I the only one that thinks this isn’t a great idea? LLMs have many limitations, and while producing limited structures like code is probably among their better use case it’s still essentially fancy autocomplete.

Mozilla had to walk back a similar decision: