✊🏿 Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
⚡️ Concerned about the grid? Kyle Baranko teaches how to predicting peak loads using XGBoost. Register for the August webinar!

Dash DataTable with markdown links behaviour since Dash v1.13.0

Hi there!

I’ve noticed that, since Dash v1.13.0, Links in Markdown cells now open a new tab (target="_blank"), as specified in the release notes.

How could this be changed? Previously i was able to detect a clicked cell via a callback using dcc.Location “hash” property and it’s link specified in the format [Link text] (#link). Currently, using the mentioned workflow is not possible since the markdown link opens automatically in a new tab.

1 Like

@jorge243 Did you find any solution for this?

Unfortunately i did not. In the mean time i adopted a solution based on detecting the currently selected (clicked) cell row using the respective dash datatable properties

I had the same issues as both of you. For now, I am building a custom copy of dash-table. Only a single change in the file dash-table/src/dash-table/utils/Markdown.ts:

1. Modify line 35, replacing _blank with _self
-        linkTarget:'_blank'`
+        linkTarget:'_self'
  1. npm run build
  2. python setup.py install

Maybe @Marc-Andre can provide some insight into the change and ways to override the default behavior.

Opened issue here and will be having a look at it now. We thought this made more sense and didn’t realize this would break some usages workflow.

There’s currently no way to override this behaviour.

1 Like

Awesome! Looks like #807 will go out with the next release.

Yes. Current planned date for the release is Monday July 27 :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes