🏥 🏭 Working on the COVID-19 response in Canada? Plotly & the Canadian government can help you and your organization. Learn more and get in touch.

Coupled events with Shiny and Plotly in R, Resetting Click Event Data Once New Plot Is Rendered

For R Plotly being used with R Shiny

Would anyone be able to discuss how to get plot click event data (from the evet_data() function) to reset when the plot is re-rendered? In the work that I’m doing, it doesn’t seem to be happening automatically.

I can put together some example code, but I’m first wondering if there is anyone that would be willing to discuss it.

Thanks!
-Jeff Swartzel

Jeff; I am running into the same issue. Unable to help you at this moment. Will let you know if I find something. Have you had any breakthrough?

Thanks

Sri

I haven’t been able to figure anything else out yet. I’m sure that there’s a way to do it in a round-about way, but I haven’t figured it out yet.

Jeff Swartzel | Procter & Gamble | QS Informatics | mobile: 937-626-0593
[eMail_Signature_Logo]

Hey! Has there been any progress on this? Best!

I have solved that just today, and have posted the answer as an answer to my own stackoverflow question. Here is a working minimal example:

library(shiny)
library(plotly)
library(shinyjs)

ui <- shinyUI(
  fluidPage(
    useShinyjs(),
    # code to reset plotlys event_data("plotly_click", source="A") to NULL -> executed upon action button click
    # note that "A" needs to be replaced with plotly source string if used
    extendShinyjs(text = "shinyjs.resetClick = function() { Shiny.onInputChange('.clientValue-plotly_click-A', 'null'); }"),
    actionButton("reset", "Reset plotly click value"),
    plotlyOutput("plot"),
    verbatimTextOutput("clickevent")
  )
)

server <- shinyServer(function(input, output) {

output$plot <- renderPlotly({
    plot_ly(mtcars, x=~cyl, y=~mpg)
  })

output$clickevent <- renderPrint({
    event_data("plotly_click")
  })