I’m excited to share a new project to support computer vision annotations with dash.
dash_annotate_cv is a Python Dash library for computer vision annotation tasks. It exposes reusable AIO components in a library format as well as a CLI tool for computer vision annotations.
I was heavily inspired for this project by the article on image annotations in the dash doc pages.
Example of whole-image label annotations
Example of bounding box annotations
- Annotation of images (whole image labels)
- Annotating multiple labels per image
- Annotating bounding boxes including labels
- Support for COCO format
Roadmap for future tasks:
- Support for more annotation formats: YOLO, etc.
- Support for image segmentation tasks.
- Support for skeleton annotation tasks.
- Annotating video events
- Annotating video tags
Note: this library is not meant for production usage. It is meant to be used for quick prototyping and testing of annotation tasks.
You can check out the GitHub page above to get started. I also wrote more background info on Medium.
The is the first larger project I’ve worked on in
dash after using it religiously for a while - let me know what you think Happy to hear how to improve, or suggestions for features.