Browser memory consumption advice

I’m frequently launching multiple plots in my default browser (Chrome) on linux, and was wondering if anyone may have any recent experience with any other browser for which the memory consumption would be less.

My plots are in the order of ~40 line traces over ~1600 time ticks (x axis positions), and to avoid any dynamism in one plot (I’m not a dash user) I may launch ~10 such plots at the same time. This can take quite a few GB of memroy judging by my htop command before and after.

It consistently consumes ~9 GB of RAM according to htop on my machine, around 80% of which showing as “shared memory” as much as that matters, so it could have been much worse :slight_smile:

Any advice about specific browsers?

P.S. I’m launching them from python, but it’s all javascript in the browser anyway …
P.S.2. I need to visualize and traverse different charting workloads very often as part of my work so this question goes beyond the very specific makeup of charts which I mention above

Is there a way to house multiple sets of series in a single chart and browser tab, such that only one set is viewed at a time but they can be flipped through? I doubt this would reduce memory consumption too much though.

Memory consumption with firefox seems to be a bit higher than in the latest chrome (by some 10-15%) so I don’t expect the memory footprint can be reduced much by choice of browser.