BasicAuth failing with Dash 2.6

Hi all I believe there is a bug when using BasicAuth with Dash 2.6 (it is working fine with 2.5.1).

The error I receive is the following, I have a hunch it’s got something to do with the fix to allow redirection from “/” in 2.6, @AnnMarieW ?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/renaud/repos/enea/vetef-ui/vetef_ui/application.py", line 36, in <module>
    auth = dash_auth.BasicAuth(app, USER_AUTHENTICATION)
  File "/home/renaud/miniconda3/envs/dash/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dash_auth/basic_auth.py", line 8, in __init__
    Auth.__init__(self, app)
  File "/home/renaud/miniconda3/envs/dash/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dash_auth/auth.py", line 12, in __init__
    self._overwrite_index()
  File "/home/renaud/miniconda3/envs/dash/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dash_auth/auth.py", line 18, in _overwrite_index
    original_index = self.app.server.view_functions[self._index_view_name]
KeyError: '/'

Hi @RenaudLN

Are you using pages? The update I did should only affect when use_pages=True.

Yes I am :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting @RenaudLN

@AnnMarieW, would you like me to open an issue or would you like some time to take a deeper look at this?

I’m having a similar, if not the same, issue with a custom rolled version of BasicAuth. When I switch the use_pages flag to False the app can then load the / route fine.

Hi @gabrielcenteno and welcome to the Dash community :slightly_smiling_face:

This bug is new in 2.6.0. Still working on the fix, but if you would like to use pages, then another option is to use dash==2.5.1

1 Like