[Ag-grid] Hide boolean checkboxes on tree node

Hi. I’m having trouble with a boolean column in SSRM Tree Data.
I’ve confirmed that when I assign ‘cellDataType’: ‘boolean’ in columnDef for the boolean column, it displays as checkboxes using agCheckboxCellRenderer and agCheckboxCellEditor.

I’m encountering an issue where checkboxes are appearing not only on tree leaves but also on tree nodes (serverside groups), whereas they should only appear on tree leaves.

I tried to hide the checkboxes on nodes but couldn’t find a way, so I’m attempting to disable them(checkbox on node) for now.

I learned that “cellRendererParams” : { “disabled” : True } in columnDef can disable checkboxes.
So I tried “cellRendereParams” : {“disabled” : {“function”: “params.data.group == true”}}, but all rows are disabled instead of achieving the desired behavior.

Is there a way to disable rows differently for each row? Or any fancy idea to hide specific rows?

Thank you for reading my clumsy question.

Hi @ryannn and welcome to the Dash community :slight_smile:

Is there an example in the AG Grid docs with the functionality you are looking for? If not, since you have AG Grid Enterprise, you could ask the support team at AG Grid. If you get an example using React, we can help you adapt it for Dash.

Note that AG Grid even offers support during the trial period. Find more info here: