Adding callback output

Hey guys, I am having a problem everytime I add output in my callback I am getting an error. why is that?

Below is the error:
KeyError: ‘output.children’

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\sqnid\PycharmProjects\winccCloudApp\venv\Lib\site-packages\flask\app.py”, line 2529, in wsgi_app
response = self.full_dispatch_request()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\sqnid\PycharmProjects\winccCloudApp\venv\Lib\site-packages\flask\app.py”, line 1825, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\sqnid\PycharmProjects\winccCloudApp\venv\Lib\site-packages\flask\app.py”, line 1823, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.dispatch_request()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\sqnid\PycharmProjects\winccCloudApp\venv\Lib\site-packages\flask\app.py”, line 1799, in dispatch_request
return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**view_args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\sqnid\PycharmProjects\winccCloudApp\venv\Lib\site-packages\dash\dash.py”, line 1260, in dispatch
raise KeyError(msg) from missing_callback_function
KeyError: “Callback function not found for output ‘output.children’, perhaps you forgot to prepend the ‘@’?”
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Aug/2023 18:12:34] “POST /_dash-update-component HTTP/1.1” 500 -

Hey @sqnnidea, welcome to Dash community. Could you please share the corresponding piece of code?
But my first guess is that output.childrensimply doesn’t exist, hence the KeyError

1 Like

Hello jhupit, Thank you for your reply. I already solved this problem, Its some typo error. Thank you