📣 Pattern Matching Callbacks & Dynamic Callback Support - In Development, Looking for Feedback

I found out that this issue was related to my installed version of node being to old. To others, who would like to build from source, i would recommend to make sure that node is up to date,

After updating node, i was able to build with the following commands,

git clone git@github.com:plotly/dash.git
cd dash
git fetch origin pull/1103/head:pr-1103
git checkout pr-1103
python3 -m venv venv || virtualenv venv && . venv/bin/activate
sed -i '/dash-/d' requires-install.txt
pip install -e . --no-cache-dir -r requires-install.txt -r requires-dev.txt -r requires-testing.txt 
. venv/bin/activate && pip install --no-cache-dir --upgrade -e . && mkdir packages
cd dash-renderer && renderer build && python setup.py sdist && mv dist/* ../packages/ && cd ..
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/plotly/dash-core-components.git
cd dash-core-components && npm ci && npm run build && python setup.py sdist && mv dist/* ../packages/  && cd ..
cd dash-renderer-test-components && npm ci && npm run build:all && python setup.py sdist && mv dist/* ../packages/ && cd ..

I haven’t had time to test much yet, but i can confirm that the immediate problems with wrong/inconsistent callback behavior that i have encountered are fixed by the new logic including the mwe that i reported earlier,

1 Like