Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.

Why is there always space below embedded graphs?

I often embed plotly figures in my WordPress blog posts and I really wonder about the big space below the figures:

Why is that? In the html there wrong? I embed with the standard options width=“900” height=“800” frameborder=“0” scrolling=“no”.

I have the same issue but the space is above the graph. The width/height setting don’t have any effect on this white space. I am working to change the range vertically to be 0-100% to see if that will help but I don’t think it will. It would be highly useful to be able to scale the graph after the fact. The Plot background seems restricted to less than half of the canvas space. It is possible to insert a shape there (as I did here) or you can flip the y axis text such that it shows up above the graph but if you try to scale the graph into the wasted space they just disappear as the plot background does not seem to be able to be adjusted vertically beyond 40-50% .If someone knows how to do this I would love to see an app note or list of instructions but having gone though every single adjustment I have not found one. (I submitted a feature request but have no idea if anyone will respond).