Speed issue after saving with Serversideoutput

I’m a Redis beginner, so I’ll do my best to study.

Thank you! !
Now I am impressed.
Dash extensions are great! ! !

3 Likes

Would there be an issue with loading the first data point hovered, and not necessarily the targeted data?

If I was using a blocking conversion, it would get progressively slower and stuck as I called back. Do you know why?

Are you using disk or Redis? If you are using Redis, you might be running out of memory.

disk.
After hovering for about a minute, it slowed down considerably.
first

end

Did you turn on compression? It’s not on by default. It’s a toggle on the dash app.

Are you talking about redis?

as per API Reference | Dash for Python Documentation | Plotly

Not sure if it refers to download as well as upload, but it might be worth a try

1 Like

thank you.
I tried, but couldn’t solve it.

If you do the same actions, before and after slowdown, which results do you get when clicking open the details for “time” in the dash callback debugger?

OK
start

end

It seems to be a time-based thing really. my figures are 4 / 5 times less than yours. if i hover like crazy for 30s it might be around 200-250ms (going down even), but after that it goes up bit by bit, even when not doing anything for a while

1 Like

Thank you for looking into this.

@Emil, Do you know what the cause is?

@Osako Please try with dash-extensions==0.1.10

1 Like

@Emil I have been moving some data around today and was surprised it took quite some time. I checked what was causing it and it turns out that the file_system_store had a massive amount of data in it for the limited amount of testing, I have done (about 11.6GB data total with many files having an identical size of around 264MB each). would this considered to be normal?

That depends on how you implemented the data cleanup. If you didn’t implement any data cleanup, data will accumulate indefinitly, with 244 MB for each callback invocation. So I would say that 11.6 GB is expected.

thank you.
Now the speed stays constant!
I really appreciate it.

1 Like