Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
Learn how to use COVID-19 data in open source Dash apps. Register for the Sept 23rd webinar with IQT!

Pointcloud Coding

I’m interested in learning more about how to use this new Plotly tool. (From email announcement: We recent released pointcloud, a new Plotly trace type that lets you visualize millions of points interactively in less than a second. Its the fastest WebGL data visualization renderer we know. POINTCLOUD DEMO ON CODEPEN: https://codepen.io/monfera/pen/BLjJVZ).

Specifically, I would like to know how to:

1. Naming and setup of the html and javascript files
  2. Modify this demo code so as to be able to create a highly detailed pointcloud from .tiff images, such as a satellite snapshot of Earth. Ideally the code would simply point to a set of image URLs (say 15 image links or more) of the ground from a moving satellite and make a composite pointcloud from all of them. The code should be such that with different image sets, all that should be needed is to swap out the URLs and everything else stays the same.

I’m fairly new to Plotly, so please don’t assume I know the basics about this tool. Be clear and specific with any directions you may provide. Thank you!