Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.

Falcon Installation Javascript Error

When trying to install the Falcon Client, after extracting I continue to get a JavaScript error stating a DLL initialization routine has failed.


I have installed Falcon sql client in windows 10 and receiving same error while trying to open the Falcon

[Window Title]

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

Uncaught Exception:
Error: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (module.js:671:18)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
at Module.load (module.js:561:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:504:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:496:3)
at Module.require (module.js:586:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at bindings (C:\Users\VENKATESAN\AppData\Local\Programs\falcon-sql-client\resources\app\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:81:44)
at Object. (C:\Users\VENKATESAN\AppData\Local\Programs\falcon-sql-client\resources\app\node_modules\ibm_db\lib\odbc.js:31:31)
at Object. (C:\Users\VENKATESAN\AppData\Local\Programs\falcon-sql-client\resources\app\node_modules\ibm_db\lib\odbc.js:1935:3)
at Module._compile (module.js:642:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:653:10)
at Module.load (module.js:561:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:504:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:496:3)


I’m also getting the exact same error, also win 10.

I’ll take a look at this tomorrow, sorry for the frustrations!

Just for clarity: are you seeing this error as soon as you start up Falcon, or only when you try to connect to an Oracle database?

It’s happening to me when I go to load the software for the first time.

Seeing the same issue. Happens right after installation, before any window is displayed. I’m on Windows 10.

I am also having the problems on installation. on Windows 10. Just ran the installation, and looked like it was getting to the end of the installation routine, and came up with the error. I am an Analytics student, and am looking for a means of a decent client for MySQL and DB2 among others for both Windows and Mac. Hopefully this would be good for this and many other things …

OK, we will be doing another release in the coming week which should clear this up. In the meantime, the previous release should work:

This should now be resolved with version 4.0.0, which I’ve just released. You can use the download links at

Please note that I removed IBM DB2 support in order to resolve this issue. Hopefully we can add it back in sometime soon.