Event Driven Trigger for App deployed on Heroku

Hi,

So I have an app deployed on Heroku. It reads off data from an object in a bucket on gcp.

The object itself gets generated via a google cloud function. The cloud function is event driven and there is an overwrite of the object once every 24 Hours.

How do i ensure when there is an overwrite of the object, the app deployed on Heroku gets triggered to run.

Thank you.

Hi,

I guess the easiest and most consistent way to do it with your architecture would be to trigger a second Cloud Function (once the first is done) to restart the Heroku dyno. You would need to setup Heroku creds in the cloud function and install the CLI (not sure they have a REST interface for this type of task).

Another alternative is to create a server-side cache to the data, which gets invalidated after the CF is done. This is not really “event driven”, but can do the job.

Not that it would fix your problem, but if you don’t have very strong opinions about having your app in Heroku, I would encourage you to migrate it to GCP. You can find a very simple and nice tutorial on how to deploy a Dash app in GAE in this link:

Hi… @jlfsjunior

My preferred option for deployment was Google App Engine. I got stuck with error message " [Error Response: [13] An internal Error occurred]" every time I deployed it and couldn’t really find a solution to it. I wanted to keep the whole project cycle in the Google Cloud Platform.

I will check the link and also your first suggestion.

Thank you.

I got stuck with error message " [Error Response: [13] An internal Error occurred]" every time I deployed it and couldn’t really find a solution to it

Maybe that’s something I can help you with, I had no problems deploying apps in GAE.

So i followed the simple tutorial of deploying apps to App Engine on GCP. It felt so simple and easy until the error pops up. I will try this other approach and see how it goes.

I will share feedback.