i found this somewhere else which is related to the error I get :
but not sure where should I place this changes for the .yarnrc! would you be able to help?
i found this somewhere else which is related to the error I get :
but not sure where should I place this changes for the .yarnrc! would you be able to help?
Hi @soha,
I think youâre probably on to something with the need to increase yarnâs timeout. Iâm not sure offhand how to change this JupyterLabâs bundled version of yarn. But it looks like this open JupyterLab issue would be a good place to ask https://github.com/jupyterlab/jupyterlab/issues/5943.
-Jon
Hi @jmmease
I am getting following error on jupyterlab from f12
Error: Object 'jupyter.widget' not found in registry
Result jupyter labextension list:
@jupyter-widgets/jupyterlab-manager v0.38.1 enabled ok
@jupyterlab/plotly-extension v0.18.2 enabled ok
bqplot v0.4.5 enabled ok
jupyter-matplotlib v0.3.0 enabled ok
jupyterlab-chart-editor v1.1.0 enabled ok
plotlywidget v0.10.0 enabled ok
Result pip list:
ipykernel 5.1.0
ipython 7.5.0
ipython-genutils 0.2.0
ipywidgets 7.4.2
jupyter-client 5.2.4
jupyter-core 4.4.0
jupyterlab 0.35.4
jupyterlab-server 0.2.0
plotly 3.9.0
Hi @mtkilic,
I donât see any issue with the packages/extensions you have installed. Do the built-in ipywidgets display for you? e.g. ipywidgets.IntSlider().
-Jon
@jmmease I have solve this issue. Now I can display. Thanks
I had the FigureWidget stuff working a while back with the exact package versions from the changelog. I installed plotly_express last week and it updated plotly to 3.9 (previously 3.5 i think), now the FigureWidget isnât working. I get
Module plotlywidget, semver range ^0.10.0 is not registered as a widget module
in the browser console.
Can pltly_express and FigureWidget not work together in JupyterLab currently, or is there a workaround (maybe the versions in the changelog havenât been updated for latest plotly.py version?).
Hi @rabeez,
The current compatible versions of plotly.py and the plotlywidget jupyterlab extension can be found in the installation instructions in the README at https://github.com/plotly/plotly.py#installation. I think youâre right that the changelog versions havenât been updated recently.
-Jon
Hi there,
Is the README now up to date ? I cannot make the extension work with jlab 1.0.1?
-Alex
Hi @Alexboiboi,
JupyterLab 1.0 support is coming soon (in plotly.py 4.0). If youâd like to try out the development releases, see the instructions in the v4_integration branch README at https://github.com/plotly/plotly.py/blob/v4_integration/README.md.
Follow the versions there carefully, and note the the @jupyterlab/plotly-extension extension has been replaced by the jupyterlab-plotly extension.
Thanks!
-Jon
Ok cool, thanks @jmmease
I had the issue twice (on two different machines) where, after following the advice at
and installing the plotlywidget JupyterLab extension, jupyter lab build failed for me.
I was able to fix it in both cases by running:
jlpm cache clean
jupyter lab build
Hope this helps someone else!
(Basically jlpm is an alias for the JupyterLab installed yarn, and then running jlpm will reset that yarnâs stale yarn.lock, which was causing the false inability to build.)