Disable modebar/hover tool?

Hello, is it possible to remove the modebar/ hovertool from the charts? I’ve not been able to find documentation on attributes that might do so. I also would like to hide the export option. I know there is a way to do it using the .js, but it seems there is no way with the python module.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately not for the Python API at the moment.

What about limiting the options on the mode bar? I really like most of its functionality, but there are a few of them that over complicate things for some of my users. My guess would be that if the mode bar cannot be turned of, then option limitation wouldn’t be implemented yet either.

Any chance you know when this sort of functionality might be added?

1 Like

Hi,
I was curious if this feature might be added soon? Im looking for a way to hide or remove a few of the buttons on the mode bar. Thanks

1 Like

In fact this is possible. I think it was implemented in plotly 2.0.

You have to use the “config” parameter avaiable in both plotly.iplot or plotly.offline.plot:

plot(data, config={“displayModeBar”: False})

3 Likes

EDIT: nevermind I got it working, I forgot to reload the HTML. The link I posted at the bottom of the original question worked (customizing the iframe).

@villoro This isn’t working for me for some reason. This is my code, did I do this correctly?

example_url = py.plot(fig_example filename=‘example’, auto_open=False, config={‘displayModeBar’: False})

I also tried this and it’s not working:

Glad it worked :slight_smile:

Hi @bld2104, @villoro,

I know this is an old thread but I’m having a related issue with Chart-Studio:

https://community.plotly.com/t/plotly-chart-studio-config-parameter-to-change-modebar-in-python/41509

Any ideas on why the config parameter might not work for Chart-Studio?

Thank you