Detailed Documentation for Customizing Specific Chart Elements - Beyond the Function Parameters

Hi everyone,

This forum has been very helpful in helping me learn Plotly-Dash and deploy several dashboards. I wanted to ask a question about detailed customization. Is there any type of documentation on customizing specific chart elements? I don’t know if this type of thing exists.

For example:

1. I would like to change the font and font size on a choropleth colorbar.
  2. I would also like to change the opacity of the colorbar to match the opacity of the chart.
  3. Similarly, for choropleth charts, I would like to change the outline color of polygons, either uniformly, or based on a field in a DF.

There are many options available for each of the chart types, but I have not come across documentation that allows you to make these types of fine-tuning adjustments that would help make the final product just a little but better for all users. I would truly appreciate if anyone has solutions to the specific questions posed above, but more generally, I would like to understand if there is some detailed documentation that lists all of the specific elements that can be changed programatically in Python (assuming these customizations would be applied using a dictionary). These are all elements that are oustide the typical functional parameters. As far as I can tell, there are no parameters in px.choropleth or px.choropleth_mapbox for any of the elements described above.

Thanks in advance for your help!