Deploying Dash App on AWS

Hi Everyone and Compliments of the season.

I want to ask if there is a video tutorial or link to understand how to deploy one’s dash app (IDE: Jupyter notebook) on Amazon Web Service. Which service will be used? Also how can one add a trigger for the app to run when a new item is uploaded to S3.

Thank you.

HI @Oladayo ,
I’m sorry but I don’t think a video tutorial on the topic exists.

1 Like

I’m not sure about jupyter notebooks but my dash app is deployed in a docker container on AWS’s elastic container service. You can use the same code from your jupyter notebook to build your dash page and then deploy it as a website.

Lots of examples on the interwebz, mine isn’t the greatest but if you wanna look around you can.
Github

1 Like

Hi @adamschroeder

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it possible to add a trigger on Heroku? Such a way the it automatically runs the dash app when a new file is uploaded.

Thank you.

Hi @Oladayo
One quick to do this is through pycharm. After your app is deployed to heroku, you can clone it locally using pycharm. The instructions are on your heroku account, under the deployment tab.
Then, after you make any changes to the files pertaining to your cloned directory, you can click on commit and push green arrows at the to right part of pycharm. That takes about 60 seconds. Once done, your dash app online is fully updated.

1 Like

Hi @adamschroeder

Thank you