đź“Ł Dash 2.9.2 Released - Partial Property Updates with Patch(), Duplicate Outputs, dcc.Geolocation, Scatter Group Attributes and More

There are so many cool new features in 2.9.2, I think this is my favorite release to date. :sparkler:

I just wanted to highlight a few posts with more great info on the new things now available.
(And be sure to update to 2.9.3 to get the patch with the minor bugs reported in 2.9.2)

Examples of multi-page app navigation without refreshing the page

Anyone making multi-page apps where you update the URL in a callback will :heart: this new feature! Super fast navigation without the annoying page refresh. See more information and examples in this post:

callback-nav

Geolocation :earth_americas:

When deploying an app with the the new dcc.Geolocation be sure to be using HTTPS, else Geolocation will not be enabled.

Here is another demo app showing more features available. This one also uses geopy to get the address (if the “Include Address” checkbox is selected). Try it out on a phone or some other device with GPS enabled. The accuracy is amazing

https://dccgeolocation.pythonanywhere.com/

Examples of partial update and allow duplicates

This post has some great examples from community members @AIMPED and @jinnyzor including examples with pattern matching callbacks.

4 Likes