Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
Learn how to use COVID-19 data in open source Dash apps. Register for the Sept 23rd webinar with IQT!

Changing Hover Text Behavior for Online Plot

Okay, I’m envisioning making a Wiki-style plot where anyone can view and edit a public grid, and changes are approved by editors and propagated to private grids containing the actual data used by the plot. I’ve tinkered with user permissions so this works more or less okay in practice (with some effort), but I think this means that if we want any changes to the default plotting behavior we would have to make those changes offline whenever anyone adds something new (not ideal at all). Specifically, there are a few user interface things involving hover text I’d like to tweak:

1. Is there a way to make hover text persist on a mouseover? Each data point will have an associated reference, likely a hyperlink, and the hover text isn’t very useful if users can’t interact with it.

2. Is there a way to change the background/text color of the hover text box? Sometimes the default color combination leaves less-than-optimal contrast between the text and background.

The wrench in all this is that hopefully this is all possible by making one set of changes that works even after additional data is added to the plot.

Any help is appreciated! :slight_smile: